View Single Post
      01-30-2012, 05:52 AM   #6
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i

As far as lockers most train larger stations have them and generally their safe though I'd not leave anything of great value in them anyways. Also learn to pack light as the trains don't have room for large luggage. As far as adapters go there is no "standard" european plug. Some country's use different styles. Buy 2 of those multikits and maybe one with a transformer (small). If you are in Italy you must, as other have said, see Cinque Terra, Vernazza just had a big landslide not sure the condition. But that place is excellent and great food! Lucerne Switzerland is a nice stop on a beautful lake. Amsterdam is another nice place, it's not all about the "red Light district"or Die Wallen as they say. There is always a trip to the Nurburgring which is just up the road from Trier Germany which is a nice spot with some interesting sights.
Couple of things to consider is arranging rooms/hotels ahead of time as much as possible, look to book tours ahead also. Most cities are very simple to get around in, think the tubes in London/Paris...don't pet the homless bums though, they may bite. Something such as an Ipad comes in real handy especially if you have 3g and get a worldwide card. If you want specific or have specific questions let me know.
Appreciate 0