View Single Post
      03-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #20
elh0102
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakar92 View Post
Keep a Plug Kit and a Power Station (Battery Charger and Compressor) in your trunk!

They really work, and they can get you out of a pinch until you can get it taken care of.

Put a little cement (lube) on the tool shove the rubber piece into the tire, pull the tool out, cut the excess off, and pump up the tire.
Not to be a naysayer, but the problem is, this simple 4 step process turns into a nightmare with certain variables, such as: you are alone; it’s dark; the puncture, assuming it can be plugged, is on the inside portion of tread on a rear tire, requiring that either the wheel be removed, or, you dive under the car to attempt the plug job. From experience, I can tesitify that a plugging operation that works great at home in the driveway, can be frustrating at best on a dark roadside. For around $300, you can assemble a compact spare that works. Each to his own, but I found it well worth the investment. And when you sell the car, it can probably be sold “as new” for about what you paid. With a 10 mm spacer, the wheel even works on the front of my car with 380 mm StopTech rotors.
Appreciate 0