View Single Post
      02-09-2016, 07:26 PM   #12
e92zero
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 BW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaede View Post
Im, going to be doing this as well since my Passenger Side Gasket seems to be seeping (didn't take time to investigate, but i see oil stains.) Doing it soon with my Indy that will also be doing the Throttle Body Actuators at the same time.

Question. I found the parts for the gasket no problem, but anyone know the PN for the bolts? (will be replacing all of them, might as well) Also, how many will i need for the whole job? Thanks!

PS. my oil filler cap is also leaking... many posts on this already, but anyone can chime in the most effective way to fix that? Or just simply buy the updated cap every other time i change my oil. (My OCI is quite frequent.... usually every half year or 7500-10,000km which ever comes first). Thanks!
YMMV. I am at 114k miles on my 2011 with the original oil cap. My oci is 7500. It has leaked on me once and that was the one time I did not remove the gasket to clean it. All the other time, I would take the gasket off, clean it, put it back, and put a smear of oil on the lip on the valve cover before putting the cap back on. None of these other time I have experienced leak. I think the leak is because oil got behind the back side of the gasket and the oil cap (which happens when you take the cap off). If that side stays dry, I don't have any leak. Good luck.
Appreciate 0