View Single Post
      12-24-2011, 01:16 AM   #31
11' AW M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3

This thread is very interesting... I think the takeaway here is that MORR is very creative with their marketing. Notice in this very thread they do not confirm or deny whether their wheels are forged. From what I understand, the wheels are FLOW FORMED CAST WHEELS, just like Forgestar's. Notice Forgestar's are $1,500, and MORR's are more than double. These wheels also went through an identity crisis with the branding- first calling them monoforged, then spunforged as its much more politically correct. I consider myself quite knowledgeable when it comes to wheels, but I even thought they were forged due to the creative wording of the marketing until I did some inquiring/research. Heck, I was even interested in a set for a track set-up and commended MORR in another thread for these wheels. A sponsor on here confirmed that they are not true forged when I inquired. Also, a good friend of mine who is in the industry told me the same thing. If MORR can come in here and confirm or deny this, that would be great. I think many people will be quite upset if they found out the wheels they bought weren't forged as they were led to believe.

Also, regarding all of the certifications, all I see is their testing from STL (which is great as many wheel companies don't even do this). If they were TUV certified, they would have a document to prove it, and they would appear in the database (which I hear they don't). Same goes for the VIA/JWL certifications. Its quite different to be built according to JWL/VIA & TUV standards and actually being certified. Again, MORR, please do correct me if I am wrong here...