Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukester View Post
Hi Roman,

you guys should really release a track proven "hardcore" supercharger kit.
From time to time there are guys who give their SC'ed M3 a try on the track.
100% of them has heat issues.
I've seen that several times especially on the Nordschleife

It's ESS, it's G-Power, it's all kind of SC kit's.
They're 100% rock solid for daily driving or highspeed Autobahn stuff but when it comes to racetrack usage I haven't seen one car which just works.

I'd love to SC my M3, too. But that means SC kit + big oil cooler + big water cooler + removing the AC + big air to air intercooler + .......

Isn't there a change to build a track proven SC kit which will not move the engine oil and water temperatures too hell and the car to limp mode?
Interesting. I've been to one (private) track session at Streets of Willow and didn't experience any heat issues but it was pretty cool (65 deg F). I just posted on another thread that my intake was still cool enough to rest my hand on it after a 20 minute session.

Going to Big Willow next Sat and wouldn't expect any heat issues either given how fast that track is with plenty of airflow.

The ESS kit has a large FMIC to cool the water so it doesn't get that hot. Maybe summertime will be different...will see in a few months.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0