swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qship View Post
devo...

Perhaps I am a damn good driver who knows how to shift, but I think that Porsche owners here in Germany know how to do this too...turbocharged HP is not equal to normally aspirated high rev HP and wide torque range...period.

I did not intend this to turn into a story telling episode, so sorry if I made you yawn, and from the number of my posts you should be able to tell that I am not so interested in "we are so great." I originally joined to ask a question about why the USB interface did not recognize certain file types...and never got an answer. I have hung around, but I am on the fence if I will stay.

If you do not believe me, fine.

I whipped the shit out of two Porche 997 TTs on the autobahn. Done. It surprised the hell out of me.
I'll have to jump on the side of the skeptics here. No matter what the beginning speed is the 997TT will hand the E9X M3 its ass. If you bested them there are only a couple of possibilities, 1. They did not push hard, 2. They are miserable drivers who can not downshift, 3. They are in a limp mode, do to car malfunction. There just are not any other possibilities. The car is significantly faster under nearly all conditions.
Appreciate 0