09-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #250
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
From what I've read from other owners and been told by Malek this pipe:

1. Has been build as a result of a lot of R&D and testing exclusively on the E9X M3.
2. It is also made in the USA, by hand, on a jig to eliminate deformation during welding.
3. Every single owner that has run it has claimed more power. Several have posted dyno to prove this gain over Akra (like this exact thread). You do not know how much more or less it makes than an ebay pipe and are only speculating.
4. SS321 (SS + Ti) is used and not SS304 like other x-pipe's
5. This are no proven gain's that can be attributed to the increase in the pipe diameter. You can get the same power give or take from another brand with 2.5" (or smaller .38" in Akra case)
6. If Dinan was a true race only pipe how can you claim that all the added weight is justified? Larger pipes that use the same header as stock? 4 heavy resonators really needed? I thought saving weight was the name of the game. 40 lbs to 19.6 lbs
7. connection points were designed to OEM standard to prevent leaking o ver time.

Listen, I agree 2k is a lot for a not catted non resonated x-pipe. Heck i even said so in the early pages on this thread! After learning more and talking with Malek I decided to give it a try and post my results and impressions for everyone to see on an NA car. If the gains Malek advertises at mid-range (30 WHP + 40 WTQ) are true this pipe will blow away the Dinan performance wise. I want to find out.

Dinan is my second choice as I really like all their parts but looking at their mid-section it just looks just like stock but with no cats. Larger piping is not giving the gains here, its the cat removal. If I go with Dinan it will be for quality of the product and sound as it pairs very well with many rear sections. There's a reason MRF and Gintani have seen the most gains. They have similar design traits which noticeably differ from OEM and tuners like Dinan.
Again, ANYONE can manipulate a dyno to show results. Show me faster times from one x pipe to another. In your case, unless youre 60-130 and other times dont get much faster, it hasnt made a significant enough difference to justify.
For the sake of it and fun, how about you and I with our different x pipes both run a 60-130 and see who's time comes out faster. Well pick days with similar temps and see who comes out on top time wise. Other than that, dyno numbers are meaningless.
Appreciate 0