View Single Post
      01-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #9
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3

search for a few independant dyno graphs....
When you are done, hopefully the fact that the scoops were never designed to work with our unique airboxes is apparent (the concept is for 'closed' airboxes of the M5/6/335 vehicles), keep your money. You'll have the same performance as if you added scoops and you'll have a good 1/3 of a track day's cost saved.
Be good,
TomK

Quote:
Originally Posted by serven7 View Post
+1

If the ///M engineers could of squeezed 10 more hp out of the car by putting stupid little scoops on the front dont you think they would of done it?
Perhaps they could have, but blocking a significant portion of the cooling air meant for the radiator and compromising the cooling system's effectiveness probably had something to do with it...that and the monster "scoop" that's already in the driver's side foglight duct area...

I'm amazed these things still sell...sad.

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!
Appreciate 0