05-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
Tobbep
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by HREM3 View Post
Driving impressions? Is it comfortable? any bounciness that users have gotten with other springs? (H&R for example)
This is a hard one as I don't have any experience with the other ones. I can definitely feel the difference when it comes to comfort and noise. It feels stiffer and hence transmits more noise into the cabin. I'm a fairly picky person so noticed it right away. I also had some vibrations with my steering wheel at 70 - 80mph.

Richard was very nice and he meet up with me to take a look. We removed the wheel spacers and took it for a drive and the vibrations were still there. Not as much as with the spacers but still there. We even looked at the tires as they were overinflated. We reduced the psi just in case.

Driving back home the vibrations were still there. They came and went throughout the drive.

I'm wondering if the stiffer suspension might be transferring more road noise which is then picked up by the steering wheel? I guess it could also be the wheels not being balanced properly.

I'm no expert so I'm not sure what the cause could be.

Besides that, I do like the look of the M3 with the new stance. The only thing is that I think the right rear looks too low compared to the left rear. These are KW settings so this is the way it is supposed to be. I guess looks does not go hand in hand with functionality sometimes.

Overall I'm happy with the setup.

2022 BMW X6M Competition
Alpine White/Black Leather
Appreciate 0