View Single Post
      08-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #29
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: still deciding what to order

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Dude, I really think you're on the wrong Forum; either that, or you're just nuts (and/or you're 18 years old)!

Yes, the EVO is built for performance (and it does perform very well), but face it...it's nothing more than a fast Mitsu POS. Call me a snob; I don't care, but most would agree that a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution and the BMW 335i are not in the same car class and not technically competitors per say. The BMW is a higher quality, higher luxury car...yes, the 3-series is "entry-level" luxury, but still much higher quality than that tin can with 4 wheels you think is so great.

I think cars4lyfe hit the nail on the head...

The EVO is typically a kid's car, like a Ford Mustang GT or "riced up" Honda Accord or Civic; as you get older and you move up in the world, you probably won't want to be driving a Mitsubishi with a 2-ft. tall rear wing spoiler.

I could just as easily say the 335i is a car for old women. After all the 3 series is typically driven by snobs who have no idea how cars work and just want a luxurious car to golf in. 90% are girly automatics. The Evo doesn't even come in automatic. If you are picking the car that is the driving enthusiast's car there is no debate to be had here. If you are worried about a cushy ride or looking sexy at the grocery store or not having to get out and change a tire the 335i is your car. BMW markets it to old people who have money and want a nice car. The Evo is pure function. Practically everything on it (including the wing) is functional and race proven. I have been behind the wheel of both many time. The evo is just a better car to drive if you enjoy driving. It feels better and performs better. If you are actually into performance driving "moving up in the real world" doesn't mean trading in a performance oriented car for a soft luxury boat. If you have more money, and want a better performance car you get a Cayman S or 911 or Lotus. The 335i isn't a sports car. That fact is probably what gives you the inferiority complex that makes you feel the need to call one of the best driver's cars ever made a POS.
Appreciate 0