Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveManM3 View Post
See here I think you are dead wrong. I dont think the Akra sounds that good at all. I think you are one if those that are blinded by the name. I shopped mine for several months looking at various videos, talking to some local tuners, cars shows etc and they ll said the same thing.....a fool and his money are soon parted. There are many manufacturers that make or reproduce the same piece for a whole lot less money and they are identical in build quality, sound etc as the named brand. I truly hate spending money on something as stupid as a name welded to the same metal can that is the next guy. When I tell people what I have and more importantly what I paid they are flabbergasted! I simply tell them that just because its an M dosent mean you have to be a fool and take it in the ass just because they tell you that you need to. The arrogance of some of these aftermarket manufacturers is amazing quite frankly in that respect.
Take a step back...

I'm not blinded by the name or the price. You are making unfounded assumptions. Obviously you haven't seen the Akra close up. It's a masterpiece, there is no doubt about it. The only qualm I have with it is the H pipe which causes the "dip" between 1800 and 2400 rpm, which can be cured to some extent with software.

I don't know what "local tuners" you've been talking too. Maybe you care to share?

Don't think for one second that the build quality of the Megan exhaust is on par with that of the Akra. The akra is a deeper, throatier tone. Sound is subjective anyway so there is no point in arguing about it.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0