Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
hmmm....Maybe I should get this new updated BMC. I had my mind set on the MS, especially since almost everyone had good things to say about it. I know most of these air filters are the same, but does the BMC gain as much power as the MS?

I read that the MS provides a 6 hp gain.
A comparison between the two would be negligible as both are doing their job in allowing maximum airflow and eliminating the charcoal liner found in the stock filter setups.

The Macht Schnell filters are an 8 layer design for maximum filtration using medical grade cotton, and minimal wicking for premium coverage. There's not much data to be found on the BMC from their website, but they've been in the market for a long time and are very popular on the e60 M5 applications.

The S65 stock airbox is very good:

These are images from the stock filter just before changing over to the Macht Schnell unit, there was even a cigarette butt lodged underneath the leaves between the pleats when removed. Obviously, the S65 airbox flows very well. When choosing a filter, you want something that will deliver maximum airflow while still filtering properly. BMC should fit the bill right up there with MS.

MMMorish: Past BMC filters have used a very stiff polyurethane formula which can distort if not centered properly, has this changed with your new filter?

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0