lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Lucid,
If PAG would do the first two things you requested, the choice for me and many other enthusiast would be way to easy. In addition, the Cayman would kill the Carrera and the Carrera would be no more. The Carrera has a great Chassis but IMO the Cayman has best Chassis on the planet, minus the motor. PAG will never put the base 997 engine in the Cayman. It would be like BMW putting the V10 in the M3, meaning the end of the M5. I have stated elsewhere the Cayman is so good it doesn't need an LSD near as bad as say the 335/M3. There are spy shots of the upcoming facelift on the web for reference. From my stand point, the Cayman is such a great a drivers car that with the expected DFI to bump up power and mileage this may easily outweigh the bargain of the M3. The Cayman has also shown to be reliable. I know you are weary of independent tests but as an FYI, J.D. Power rated the Cayman S highest in it's class for initial quality. As they say, you just have to drive one to really appreciate it's driving prowess and virtues.
I don't really have any mistrust agains the JD surveys because they are simply low level surveys reflecting the views of the owners who respond. There isn't a whole lot of science involved apart from the sampling issues. I have had friends with nightmare early-boxter issues though that cost them thousands to fix. Are you saying that is not the case for the Cayman? That would be good.
Appreciate 0