06-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
cheweihu
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Thumbs down Avoid BMW of Fremont -- Joyride 22(!) miles

Hi all,

So this morning I brought my '11 M3 to BMW of Fremont for 16k miles service. As suggested, I made an appointment with Nick Lal, however upon my arrival I was told that my SA is Aaron Ginn but if I want he can put me to Nick to which I answered it's alright.

When Aaron and I were reviewing the items to be completed he estimated 2 hours of waiting, I also pointed that driver side window has a slight rattle when rolling down. Then I asked if I can get a loaner (which I was told on phone that I can't cuz typically oil change only takes an hour) and luckily they had 2 extra cars today hence I could take it (a 2012 328i cp with only 150mi on it btw). The policy is I have to return the car today by 6pm when they close.

So I rushed back to Palo Alto...

At 4:40pm, got a call from Aaron saying my car is ready. Then I left my office thinking there would be plenty of time to get to there...It wasn't! That was my first time to take 237 to 880 N. I ended up arriving BMW of Fremont 5 minutes before they close. (25miles for 70 minutes).

I went to the cashier, signed invoice, took my key and left in a hurry cuz I had another appointment in Sunnyvale which I had to be there by 6:30pm. I got on my car and started it noticing the ODO: 16169, which reminds me to check the invoice...16147/16147. 22miles? Really?

Wasn't really mad and didn't want to argue as I had to rush to my appointment. Felt upset because all the "research" and all the efforts (Fremont is totally opposite side of my commuting) were to prevent this kind of stuff happen. But it still happened to me.

Hence I would suggest to avoid bringing your cars here. I will definitely not shop from them.

Thanks,

Jared
Appreciate 0