Uiop
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Almost double the price better build quality? Falling back on build quality and tech is an excuse... it may be true, but it is an excuse nonetheless. When the two cars put in similar lap times, does the M3 owner go over to the Mustang owner and say "yeah it was close but my I have better build quality"?
Not everyone unzips their pants to see who can piss faster. Yes performance is important but so is what ur sitting in. The environment, controls, tech features etc all come into play. And when someone points out the mustang m3 analogy they should also factor in non performance related aspects. Interior design, ergonomics, intuitiveness of the controls, the quality of the leather, cabin, refunement, sound system. These all matter. The m3 nails it in all these respects where as the mustang does not. Like I said before as an overall package the m3 is second to none at its price point and when I drive my r8 back to back with my m3, I appreciate the engineering achieved in my 70k m3 with similar or superior build quality/technology of my 170k r8.
That's cool, but I can almost guarantee that everyone in the world (except for M3 Post apparently) would rather an R8. Personally, I like Audi's interiors more, and with a 6MT, you never get bothered by the "backwards" R Tronic. There is more to these cars than winning a 1 mile race by 2 lengths. Look at an R8, on YT there are supercar videos and the R8 is always in them. It is a supercar; while the M3 is and shall remain, a sports sedan. Again to you, M3>All.
Appreciate 0