View Single Post
      02-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
A Great European Delivery (ED) Story ...

One of the bests ED stories with great detail on some of the facts I've seen. See if you agree ...

Here it is ---> Click to Open the Forum Thread

Same story as published in the New York Times ---> CLICK to Open

As a frequent travler to Germany I like to just point out a few points / tips ...

1) You will be paying close to if not more then $11-/US Gallon of Premium Gas.

2) You will worry about your car during the night when it is parked.

3) You will encounter some very small and narrow roads.

4) If you travel to Italy you will pay a lot of tool on the Italian Autostrade (Autostrade = Autobahn)

To overcome some of the points above I like to ...
  • Stay off the Autobahn enjoy the scenery and save gas ... except here and then
  • Stay in B&B's or smaller Inns the car is always safe
  • Stay of the Autostrade whenever possible and avoid small narrow mountain roads.

Having said all this, disregard what I said you are if you do the ED spend a great deal on a new Bimmer so you may as well do the whole nine yards and enjoy yourself. As they say nothing can top the experience to legally zoom along the Autobahn at top speed (once you pass the break in milage of your new car ~ just a reminder).

Whatever you do when you do go ... enjoy it will be an unforgettable trip ... you will see

For more ED stories ---> Click here and enjoy

I won't be doing a ED for a spell my next trip to Germany will make use of the EuroRail Pass, here and then I shall rent a car then watch out slow pokes in the left lane on the Autobahn

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0