12-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #18
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
We have not but that is not to say it could not happen or never will. We take reliability very seriously when we develop and tune our products but anytime you add up to 50% + additional power to a vehicle there is always a chance you can break something. If you follow the guidelines we provide for our kits your chance of having a major failure are very slim but even stock motors, transmissions etc... have failures so there is never a guarantee.

Your best bet when adding power to your car is to use a tuner with a proven track record and use the product as intended. There is no substitute for real world, long term testing and R&D when it comes to adding FI to a vehicle.
I'm intrested in a VT2-585 so I've been doing a lot of research. I do not have access to any ESS authorized dealer so it would be installed by a former BMW tech that now owns a shop. I will discuss the install (I have a digital copy of the instructions) prior to ordering the system. Do your system's intercooler replaces the stock oil cooler?
Appreciate 0