03-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #126
IN54NITY
Major nutz
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 n54 e92xi, 6mt, kw v3

Garage List
2009 335xi  [8.89]
I called this morning and spoke to Mike again at Schroth/HMS about the Quick Fit Pro for BMW e9x. All I got was essentially: "Sorry, call again in a couple of months". He mentioned they were still "moving forward" with producing the harness. I asked what was holding it up and he was not forth coming. He explained that Schroth Germany was still "testing" (still testing? wtf?) with lots of long pauses, "aaaaaaahhhhhhs", etc. I asked (again) if it was a certification issue (I asked about FIA certification), but he assured me it wasn't. So when he said "we're in production" the last time I spoke to him - that was, as the English would say, rubbish.

I'm done waiting. I ordered a left and right Rallye-3. I'll figure out the C pillar mounting and post pics...

Cheers.

Edit: I understand Schroth's concern and need to test, even if it has certification by a sanctioning body, and I applaud their striving to make a great product. It's SAFETY equipment. One failure could cost them their reputation and business.

Last edited by IN54NITY; 03-21-2012 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0