View Single Post
      07-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Stock Exhaust is Perfect

In my opinion the stock sound of this car really can't be beat. Unless you're trying to make it sound like you're driving a racecar all the time. The stock mufflers are nice and quiet when you're sitting there at idle and one you really get on it they do have a nice tone that is definitely heard by the people you pass by, even by you inside the car. I'm finding the BMW is a really hard car to improve on, not much you can really do to make it better than it is from the factory. I'd say they pretty much got it right on this car, and that reminds me why I was willing to pay $70k for it. I find the stock exhaust really fits the character of this car. Has a very nice tone when you get on it and want to feel like your racing. But this car also has the character of being a nice stylish (almost luxury) feel too. When you want to go out on a date for example it's the perfect car to pull up to a fancy place in without drawing too much attention like some sports cars or exotics do. Those situations the quietness of the stock mufflers is quite nice. I love how this car fits both worlds of luxury and performance.