Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicax View Post
Well, in a world where people:

- drive around in 120.000 € cars guzzling gas like there's no tomorrow;
- buy cars for pleasure;
- throw tons of food away on a yearly basis;
- have more than one car "because they can";
- misuse water and electricity as if they weren't paying the bills;
- etc. (no point in listing everything, you get my point)

I'm pretty positive that the "starving kid" wouldn't be particularly surprised by this video if he ever saw it. I know I'm not.
Allow me please to disagree with you and with the other guy in this matter.

Yes some kids are starving but what that has to do with other people?
I mean people work to buy a car, people work to buy two cars, three cars, whatever.
Except few that are rich because they inherit some money, assets, etc., most of us work hard for our money. I do.
Since I have paid for that $120.000 guzzler and I am also paying for the gas, why people care about it? Really.
And, I hope nobody gets this in the wrong way, but where is my fault that a kid is starving somewhere?
Some people have six seven kids, and never take in consideration that they need food, clothes, education. That happens mostly with very low educated people.
Others are focused on education, career, etc. It is my duty to grow somebody else's kid? I mean, they eat, get drunk, enjoy life like is no tomorrow and are iresponsible, and I must be responsible for their actions, their results? Why?
And I am not talking about unfortunate orphan kids, victims of war, etc.
Many times, you work hard to become somebody and if you have some expectations from you and you want your kid to get a good life, then you realize that some conditions must be met. Many of us, in this carreer world we can not afford a kid until a certain age.
So, if I worked hard to become somebody, to buy nice things for me, including that M6, why people look at me like I am a rich guy who doesn'tcare about starving kids? What that has to do with other people? Did you work for my money? No. Did you contribute to my school? No. Did you study years and give up those sunny days for studying? No.
So?
Even if you want to help a kid somewhere, there is a such web system that from a dollar you donate,that kid gets 2 cents. Maybe. So I am not helping that. I help people that need my services but they cannot afford, I help my neighbour, I donate to my local charities. That's it.
Do you think that if this guy will not hammer his M6, a kid somewhere will feel better? No.
Even if he will donate the money, they will be consumed bythe "ambassador" who is "taking care" of these kids, by his accountant, his chaffeur, and other money suckers.

"People buy cars for pleasure"
Are you for real? Why they buy them for then?
Sure, for getting here and there. But there are cars and cars. I think you are in the wrong forum. When they buy a car, a big factor is pleasure. Many people spend hours, a part of life commuting, don't you think that since they pay for that vehicle, they are entitled to buy something that gives them pleasure while they use it?
Pleasure is very important factor in everything you buy in life. You must like it, use it with pleasure.
Why don't you sleep on a wood piece instead of a mattress?
Also a car is not only for comuting, it is also for pleasure, for holidays, for happiness. I did not met one person in my life that would like to take the family in vacation with a tractor.
Also, if somebody wants two cars, what do you care?
This is not just o forum, it is a forum of enthusiasts, people love cars. Since they paid for that toy that they want to have, why others rush to judge them?
Maybe some people collect things more expensive than a car, however, that really matters?

It really pisses me off when people start judging other people or stereotype them out of the blue. Why?

Also, throwing the food. What you would like to do with what you don't use? Put it in a parcel and send it in Africa? If I eat everything will that kid be better?
I am sure nobody wants to throw the food, however that happens, you can't shovel to much food in your body because it is bad to throw what youcan not eat anymore. I mean, what kind of comment is that?

Sure, I understand some things, however, human race evolved, we make things better that are more confortable and do a better job while they become more easier and pleasant to use. It is unfortunate that some people are doing bad in certain areas but that is definetely not my fault.

Last edited by Teutonic; 09-20-2013 at 02:43 PM..
Appreciate 0