United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
I don't know why you just didn't try a water/meth kit just to test it out (they are cheap) but it's your car.
I wouldn't mind living with it if the only issue for me was stock power at the track. The slight decrease in throttle response, extra weight, and affected linear power band were my primary issues. The fact that I ran just as fast a time without the kit only validated that removing the kit was the right thing for me to do. Many people suggested a water/meth kit, but I shouldn't have to do that. I was going to upgrade to the intercooler, but it blocks the oil cooler which causes the engine temps to rise. I've seen it happen over and over on more than one car. I have no idea how you aren't having the issue. Maybe it's the weather in your area or maybe you just aren't driving hard enough at the track?

I don't get why people think I made a big mistake one way or another. If you read about superchargers on these forums all you hear is complete praise aside from the fact that you void your engine/power train warranty. I was well aware of potential heat soak of a non-intercooled kit at the track. I did my research. In fact, I stated before I even purchased the kit that I would be happy if I had more power on the street and stock power at the track. I want my car to run safely and that's exactly what it did.

I got a good deal on the kit and put a good 10k miles with the supercharger on the car. I loved it on the street, but didn't care for it at the track. I learned a lot from the experience. Now I get to sell my kit to someone looking to give it a shot for a good deal as well. I'm 100% glad that I got to experience my car with a supercharger and I'm also 100% happy that it's off the car now. I'm not a fanboy and I'm not jumping on any bandwagons on this forum. I like experiencing and learning about things for myself.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0