02-15-2009, 02:50 AM   #5
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_Horwitz View Post
Thanks for the help. Can anyone confirm this? I thought they would only do the service if you were in the U.S., and it was about $1,000 out-of-pocket to get it done over there. I'd love to get the service done over there, so I could really open the car up on its home turf. I'd actually change my trip up so I could circle back to Germany and finish up on the Nurburgring. My new M3, ready to stretch its legs on the Nordschleife? Sounds good to me, although I'd probably drive like a girl both because I was in awe of where I was driving, and because I didn't want to hurt my new baby. Also, I'm not sure I could keep it under 137 on those straights.
Not sure about ED on a US spec car, but all US spec vehicles delivered through military sales here in Germany are NOT covered for routine services and the overall warranty is shortened. All of this reverts back to US coverages once the car is shipped back to the US.

1200 miles service quotes have been over a faily wide range with the cheapest that I am aware of being about 350 Euro, and that was in France. For the dealers that are closer to US bases, they will typically accept the consumer bringing our own oil (cheaper on post with access vs the local economy) and we can apply a tax form to exclude the VAT.

We are still awaiting delivery on our E93, but perhaps some of the other diplomat /military folks can chime in, or even the local nationals with their experiences. I am also curious to nail down the the impending charge that I can anticipate once we get ours, and the quest for the ideal synthetic. available on post...
Appreciate 0