04-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #163
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
The dealer will likely not update your software. Back in the day before I had all of the factory tools, I tried to pay the dealer to update mine but they refused.

The only way that it will get updated is if you take it to the dealer and you have an older version. Dealers will always be hesitant to perform the flash upgrades because it's very time consuming and BMW doesn't pay them well for it. I can update the DME software fairly easily remotely if the dealer doesn't want to do it on your car.

I have had dealers contact me in the past to revive modules that get injured during programming. Most of the time I've been able to get them back on-line without issue. This "crashing" during the programming was much more prevalent in older versions of BMW Dealer tools (SSS/Progman), and the new tools (ISTA/P and ISTA/D seem much more reliable). I flashed THE TECH's car a few days ago with ISTA/P 2.46.1. Took a couple hours and it updated his navigation system to the latest version as well. Life is good.
Appreciate 0