View Single Post
      05-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #50
Stealth ///M
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPB View Post
No intent to misquote you. Just taking the complete sentence on its own merit. The implication being that you would never give a fellow LEO a ticket, but non-LEOs are subject to your discretion, and much more likely to get a ticket.

I understand why a discussion like this would make you uncomfortable and resort to sarcasm, but I was just posing the question. Of course I'm only talking about the law regarding motor vehicles. I'm happy you have the brotherhood, but it does not answer the question why moving violations do not (in most cases) apply to a off duty LEO that has committed some kind of moving violation? I suppose double standards can be a fun thing if you're on the proper side.
You misread: We use discretion on every motor vehicle stop we conduct, on a civilian or LEO. It can be our discretion to let you (a civilian) go with a warning, or a summons. Likewise, it can be our discretion to let you ( a LEO ) go with a warning or a summons.

Its not a black and white question. I cant simply answer it yes or no. It requires you read, comprehend, and put yourself in our shoes to UNDERSTAND why it is the way it is. Professional Courtesy is just that. We are not above the law. On the contrary, we are held to a higher standard in every sense of it.

What do you do for a living?
Appreciate 0