04-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #10
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober M View Post
Hans, just curious as to what those traits are?

Here's what I don't like about my Z4MC (so shoot me!!):
- Brakes too touchy on initial bite. Feel overboosted and are difficult to modulate.
- Even with the Clutch Delay Valve removed, the clutch has little feel. It is like an on-off switch and (like the brakes) difficult to finesse. The throttle is the same way. I had to change my driving style to drive this car smoothly. Not that that is a terrible thing, but in hmm... 20 years of driving manuals, this car sticks out as the most "artificial" feeling clutch/throttle.
- Engine/power is really just adequate for a performance car. Also, it could sound a little better (ok so I'm a sucker for a V8!)
- A bit too much dive and squat in the suspension
- Driving position and visibility could be better.

But most of these issues are my fault -- I didn't drive the car before I bought it! It was just and I had to have it so I had it shipped from out of state. The same thing may well happen with the M3. I'm in line to get the dealer's 1st car - at an out of state dealer! I don't want to make the same mistake again so I hope I will get to drive it somehow....

What I DO like about the Z4MC... the materials and build quality are excellent, just like all BMWs. It looks sexy too and is very unique. I have yet to see another one, and this is in LA, where everybody has a cool car!
Appreciate 0