01-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #73
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
Would love to help with as much as I can, my friend. Riding is incredible not only for the sport itself but also for the community that comes with it. Seek out experienced riders who are safe but quick, and follow their direction. There's much to be learned.

The SV650 and 650R are both more beginner sportbikes but have more power than you'll grow out of. The supersports are just so twitchy that a little twist at the wrong time can literally throw you off the back or point you skyward, as you found out. The bikes I recommend are fast but not as sketchy.

You can pick up newer SV's for pretty cheap too because they're pretty plentiful and aren't too pricey to begin with - Think a Honda S2000 in bike form. If you got a great deal you probably wont take a huge loss either. Also, just before beginning of summer is the best time to sell, as that's when bike prices appreciate due to people buying. During winter is when you'll get the least amount for them.
That's alot of information you've given me and I thank you for that. I'll definitely take a look into the SV's.
Appreciate 0