View Single Post
      05-11-2008, 01:52 AM   #1
asaulo1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, alp white

Long, curvy back roads + E92 M3 = priceless

Let me start by saying that I've put more than 900+ miles on my car and I haven't really been able to explore the possibilities of this car. I've had the occasional run up to the 5.5k rpm pre break in limit and mind you, it's quite exhilirating. However, you just know that it can do a ton more. Today started off with the customary run to the mall for some mother's day gift shopping. Then it hit me. Why not run up the old back country roads for a little test jaunt in the new car. This is the same roads that I usually take my Mini for some twisty action. Let's see how the M3 measures up. By golly, was I surprised how it stacked up. Even with the temporary 5.5k rpm ceiling, this thing just screams and the speed just piles up so quick. Getting off the freeway, turn right. Wait til the road clears. Drop to 2nd and gun it, shift to 3rd, trail brake a bit, right hand sweeper, feather the gas, stomp on it, 90 comes up really quick, 4th, hard on the brakes, hard left hander.... drop to 2nd, foot flat to the floor, 5.5k is there, shift to 3rd, 5.5k again, quick squirt to 4th, S curve coming up. Back down to 3rd, light brake, next curve. Whew.... breathe, remember to breathe. Imagine that this scenario plays about 4-5 times over.... Makes for a pulse quickening half hour. Road comes to a T. U turn. Back again in reverse. All I can say is, WOW.... I found myself yelling in delight.... This thing just changes direction like it was telepathic. The steering wheel feels like it's alive in my hands with every turn. The sound, ohh, the sound. So addicting. I'm almost afraid to do it all over again once I can gun it to 8k rpm. But oh, belive me, I will be back that way again. Especially since there's only about 200 miles more to go.... Oh what a long 200 miles that will be.
Appreciate 0