aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post
+1

And two, the track is significantly more dangerous than the street. Without naming specific events, one or two out of 80 cars that sign up for HPDE 1/2 are generally totalled each time there is a weekend event at Infineon Raceway. If you include Group 3 and 4, there are usually about 3-4 totals out of maybe 200 cars. The odds are lower at Thunderhill, Willow Springs, or Buttonwillow, but still. Much riskier than your normal drive down the boulevard. Lol.
Who the hell are you running with??? Did you SEE this or did you "hear from a friend?"

Most of the accidents that occur at true HPDE are in the advanced group with more liberal passing, higher speeds and R-compound tires. They grip like crazy, but they they're done gripping, they just break loose and they really suck if you get in any dirt or the marbles. I've never seen an accident in a beginner or novice group and only saw 1 in and Advanced group in 10 track days the last 2 years. I have been caught in traffic due to an accident on the way to or from a HPDE.

Infineon does have walls for half the course, but so does AAA and Laguna Seca, and Willow has LOTS of rocks if you go off, but like I've said, leave DSC on, and you'd have to literally drive off track or be an idiot to get in serious trouble.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0