04-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #13
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_fan View Post
Well my BMW dealer has a Kia dealership as well. While I was in service at BMW i saw a porter drive past in a fully loaded Optima - which I was curious to see up front. The porter backed the car into the Kia showroom and locked it. I told one of the sales associates it was nice - and peaked into it. I told I him I would like to see the interior and asked could he unlock it. - He inquired about the whereabouts of the keys to his colleagues. One of the other sales guys says it's not their car and acted like he wasn't interested in unlocking the thing. There was no sold tag on it either. I just laughed and shook my head, and walked out.

I couldn't believe they were trying to treat the thing like gold. If I had more time I probably would of created a firestorm in that joint. I am real quick to bring them back to reality. Little did they know I purchased 5 new cars from BMW/MINI and an Escalade from "their" Cadillac store within the last 3 years. Which in the grand scheme of things shouldn't matter.

There are some dealerships that excel in customer service (Steve Thomas and Hendrick BMW come to mind) while others regardless of brand, employ vultures that like to hover around, often without any product knowledge, lacking professional etiquette/decorum. These are the guys, while trying to make a hard sale - more often than not - turn away customers who are prepared to buy.

I'll let the appropriate folks know about the lack of courtesy at the Kia store, and I guarantee the issue will be properly addressed. It shouldn't come to that.

It is asinine for "any" dealer to act like that.
i said this before in another thread - car salesmen don't eat if they don't sell cars (slight exaggeration). so why do so many act like they always have something better to do??

there's another thread on here where the two top BMW salesmen in the country were posting about their amazing experience. does anyone think they got to where they are by judging people as they walked in the door, or by being lazy or arrogant?
Appreciate 0