03-18-2011, 05:07 AM   #68
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by endofanera7 View Post
lulz I will teach you how to, and then maybe when your DCT lease is up, you can get back to a 6MT
Heh, who died & made you the expert? And, where do you get the idea that I need a lesson on heel-and-toe/rev-matching w/ MT? Stick to beutifying your car, plz. I leased 6MT 2008 M3 before my current 2011 DCT M3 - i.e. it's not like I haven't driven 6MT M3.

By the way, you seem to be missing the point that the most of manual rev-matching is a best-attempt approximation. Plz don't make me laugh insisting that you can actually rev-match PERFECTLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Ok please enough of DCT vs 6MT talk, it was fun at the beginning but it is getting boring and out of control now. Whatever DCT is, I chose 6MT for my specific reasons and if I had to choose again now, I would still get a manual M3!
Now back to topic, I can smothly drive except downshifting and rev matching. I want to hear more hints from 6MT drivers about rev matching and the best way to practice to get better at it.

Thanks
Sorry that made me laugh.

Anyhow, slowing down to a red light or stop sign is a perfect time to practice your rev-matching. You can go through the gears, 4-3-2, or skip gears like 5-3. As mentioned, the more you do it, the easier it gets.
lulz. OP, if you don't see why that's funny, then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
Anyhow, slowing down to a red light or stop sign is a perfect time to practice your rev-matching. You can go through the gears, 4-3-2, or skip gears like 5-3. As mentioned, the more you do it, the easier it gets.
Absolutely.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0