View Single Post
      01-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #11
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonigan808 View Post
Hey, I love the build. Why did you not go for just replacing the springs on the KW CS with bags?

Thanks
This is a good question. I could have used my KW CSs and replaced the coil spring with an air spring. I still would have required the rear kit in order to properly install the rear air spring. And, the KW CSs internal piston is not built to support the travel that the air spring can provide. The piston travel inside the modified BC strut is built to accommodate the air spring. Ideally, I would need something similar with a KW strut to give the same amount of height the BC setup has.

Also, it should be noted that air pressure in the bag is very important to performance. The BC struts are little shorter than OEM in order to allow higher pressures at lower ride heights. Its not a huge difference, 10psi or less but its something to be aware of.

If I decide to stay on air, I am going to look into a higher quality coilover with customized internals to accommodate air. KW, Ohlins, Moton, JRZ, or BC Race are options in this regard.

Last edited by JEllis; 01-19-2017 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0