View Single Post
      01-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
chibich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

like other people have said, it will be fun but you will always want more. before the M had a sti, told myself the power over a wrx would be enough. said the same thing after turbo back and couple other bolt-ons and a tune. then again after a 20g turbo upgrade putting down 350whp, then a 30r turbo upgrade making 390whp, then a built motor and fully built cosworth heads and cams making 430whp, then i still wanted to add meth injection and maybe a bigger turbo

main reason I got the m3 over a 335 or 135, was because having a turbo application its easy to make more power and was hoping I would be ok with just adding a exhaust, intake and a tune to the M. wouldn't mind going supercharged but know that I would want to keep going bigger and bigger. only thing that makes you realize that you have more than enough power than what you really need is to do some track days. I'm looking to pick up a e30 or 36 325 and start up doing spec e30 or spec3, still fast enough, fun, and can put it into a wall and not worry about it too much, compared to if I was to do the same with the e92.

If in the back of your mind your thinking its not going to be enough, then its not. It'll be fun for a while then you'll want more. My recommendation is do it "right" (aka go big) the first time and save the money from having to upgrade it a few months down the road
Appreciate 0