06-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #21
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
I finally had a chance to get a new "baseline" dyno after replacing my pre-cat O2 sensors and EGT sensor. I also decided to utilize the dyno shop that VS Motorsports and a few M3Forum/ChiTownM members use.

I went there with the intention of dynoing before and after the tune. Unfortunately, silly me, I forgot to re-install Windows on my MacBookPro after reformatting it with Lion OSX. So I was only able to get a dyno of just the SS V2 Stepped Headers and CPI Euro200.

Here are the results. I am very pleased considering that my last dyno showed a gain of 17whp and 5wtq with the tune. So I figure I should be hovering around the 310whp and 245wtq range with the Evolve Stage 2 Tune on this specific dyno. The dyno operator showed me a couple other E46 M3s with different bolt ons and tunes that put down a range of 305whp to 315whp.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to dyno the Evolve Stage 2 tune on this car considering that I will be uninstalling the headers and section 1 tomorrow to revert back to stock. I sold my SS V2 Stepped and Euro200 and promised the buyers I'd ship it out before the Holidays. Unfortunately, my SS V1 Stepped Headers and SPipe are delayed in Italy, so I will be having a couple header installs done this season. :shifty:

Well enjoy the dynos. The next dyno will be 100% stock, then VAC Pulleys, then SS V1 Stepped/SPipe, then finally the Evolve CF Airbox/Alpha-N Tune. I am really hoping to hit the 315-320whp range. :thumbsup2:
  • Supersprint V2 Stepped Headers + CPI Euro200
  • Dynojet 248X at Dean's Peformance, St. Charles, IL
  • 4th Gear

SAE

STD

UNCORRECTED

SAE w/ Conditions - Notice the correction factor!

SAE w/ Speed - Depicts that same gear was used on all runs
Appreciate 0