Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I'm certainly not a classic car expert. However, I think this sounds incredibly risky purely from an investment point of view. Unless car is produced in very small numbers and something clicks making it a classic it is unlikely you can actually make money. Furthermore you would need to consider storage. You probably would only want to use the car very infrequently as well to minimize mileage. For 99.5% of people and 99.5% of cars one would be way better off just buying some mutual funds...

Anecdotally I bought a E46 M3 at a seemingly killer price as an "investment". I planned to drive it for a couple months and sell it a bit later. As you might surmise I lost my ass on the car. Not 100% relevant to your question but still yet still quite relevant from a top level perspective.
If you had found a nice BMW 507 or a Z8 then you would have made some money Z8 go now over $120K and the 507 well over $500K up to a mill and more on the BMW side ... there are others that are priceless like the most priceless collectable Ferraris --->Check it out here

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 06-12-2012 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0