View Single Post
      07-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #186
exmowner
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3X / 14 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@PSI View Post
Not sure exactly how the line managed to break, but here's something that I've experienced when installing the last Level 3 kit that we put on a customer's car.

AA sends you two different fittings for the oil cooler/line that broke on the OPs car. When I first installed the kit, I had the wrong one on. I was thinking to myself that there was no way that could've been right, because the fitting did thread on, but it was slightly loose (as in you could wiggle the fitting on the threads and feel play, even though it was tightened). After going back to the install instructions, I notice that they provide you with two different fittings depending on the production date of the car. I believe the switch is somewhere mid-08'.

If the wrong fitting was used, I can see the car running okay for a while until it finally does give out. I nearly made that mistake but caught it before it happened. Perhaps it's possible that the shop that installed the level 3 upgraded accidentally used the wrong fitting?

In any case, good luck with the car, and I hope everything works out for the best!
Shouldn't active verify what the production date is on the car they are selling the kit for? Why would they send out both fittings?
2021-G82 BASE (SOLD)
Appreciate 0