ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
I agree with Both James and B0link.

One thing I will add though is that chicken strips can be a good thing depending on the rider. Chicken strips on your local shorts and sandals douche on riding a litre bike is not what I'm talking about. His chicken strips are there because he can't take the corners worth shit because he's too busy riding for the image and show.

Who I'm talking about is the canyon carver, if he still has chicken strips, that CAN mean that he's not carrying much lean angle which means he's got more grip and tire under reserve if shit hits the fan. He could very well still be carrying similar corner speed as the guy hanging off if his body positioning is good.

I'm much more of a hang off and crank the bike over type of rider, but I understand not everyone is that way.
Sorry guys I missed the 'Real Housewives of the Motorcycle Thread' drama

Anyway, your comment reminds me of one time I was on the curvy Sunset Blvd in Pacific Palisades, almost by the school down there heading toward PCH. Was on my SV650.

I came up on this guy who was taking a left turn hanging off with his knee down, touching down and everything. I passed him mid corner in the outside lane, sitting upright on my bike, carrying more corner speed! It was hilarious and ridiculous at the same time.

I didn't see his chicken strips, but it was clear he wasn't carrying so much corner speed that he needed to touch down his knee. Squid 101.

Save that crap for the track!
Appreciate 0