M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 - AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetitPimousse View Post
Hey guys,

My M3 is out of warranty, and I am considering trading in (i'm also bored). I saw the other thread with the z06 vs gt500 question and it brought me to the mustang. Wanted to see your thoughts on that monster. WOuld any of you or have any of you made the jump?
Just sold a 2012 GT500 and bought a 2013 M3.

Completely different cars. Here are the biggest differences and would be happy to talk live if you want more info PM me.

1. GT500 - Raw power, very quick and super fast - in a straight line
1a. M3 - slower on the power. Not as "snappy". Way more controlled.
2. GT500 - handling is horrible. Needs $1000 worth of suspension before you can even drive it. It is called wheel hop. Do your research.
2a. M3 - well I guess this is a no brainer. Race car out of the box.
3. GT500 - Almost scary to drive and will bite you if you do not know what you are doing. Almost have to drive on edge until you learn the car.
3a. M3 - Way more fun to drive and you know the car can handle anything, within reason, that you throw at it.
4. GT500 - Interior and appointments are, well, it is a $50K Ford muscle car. You get what you pay for.
4a M3 - It is like a luxury race car. Can take it out on a date dressed up and feel good about it.

Hope that helped. Go borrow one for a day and you will be over the power, speed and G's in a straight line.
Appreciate 0