02-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
Sleeper519
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorH View Post
Are you going to be at the Tarheel VIR event next week?
I have the GC plates too. I think a toe of 1/8" is way big either in or out. My understanding is you want just a tad front toe out for the track but probably more along the lines of 1/16 or 1/32".

All I can measure at home is camber and I'm going to start with -2.5 neg on both fronts. I have stock rear suspension and stock alignment so I'm at -1.5 at the rear. I think this will be pretty good for VIR. At Barber or CMP I would dial in more neg camber because of the number of slow tight corners. I just put my track pads in the morning so I'm going to play with the camber now.
No, my next event will be Peachtree chapter at RA March 3-4.

From what I understand, I need to start off with a whiff of toe-in with "street" camber at ~1.5-2.0, then when swinging that out to ~2.5-3.0 for "track" will bring toe-out to hopefully some small amount, all other things being equal. Starting out neutral toe might bring you out too far as you indicated, maybe >1/8".

So you think a baseline of -1.5 F & R might be better Street camber?

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.70 / VIR Full 2:10.87 / Barber 1:42.20
Appreciate 0