View Single Post
      08-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #68
Darth335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E92 M3 ZCP

I have had my 09 335i for the last year and I am in the process of selling it to buy a 2011 M3. Ironically, my business partner has a 2009 M3 DTC. My 335i has a good amounts of mods and is more then fast enough to be a DD. I have driven the 2009 M3 on several occasions, and ride in it everyday.

The two are night and day when you get down to it. Both have their strong points and weak points. Primarily, the 335 "can" be significantly faster then a M3 with relatively inexpensive modifications, and the low-end torque is insane when it is tuned, the M3 cannot match that. That being said, the suspension quality, even with upgrade components, is nowhere near the quality of the M3, not even close. The handling in the M3 is truly amazing, and when it is matched with the V8, and the 6M or DTC Tranny, it really becomes a "drivers" car....so seamless. For me, the M3 drives, looks, and feels better then a 335 any day of the week. The sound of the V8 always gets me, and I would take that over a 335 with twins.

Have I tracked my car my 335? No, but I would track the M? Maybe. Looking at other options available, within the same price range, it is difficult to find another car that is equally matched as a "drivers car." Sure other cars might have more HP, take the C63, or the CTS-V for example, but "overall" performance and handling is still grades below the M3. If you can afford a M3, do it, and you will never regret it every time you turn on the engine and step on the gas.
Appreciate 0