04-08-2015, 12:39 AM   #43
REV1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomRunsDubs View Post
The charger is only about 600 pounds heavier. That's not much considering how much bigger and roomy it is.

The have virtually identical 0-60 and 1/4 mile times both front engine RWD v8s = comparable cars.

Keep in mind the charger is about 25k less brand new fully loaded

Obviously there are closer cars to compare but they are pretty comparable to a average enthusiast

I don't know much about the suspension or diff... I don't actually have one but I have drivin them. They dont handle as good as the M3 but they are definitely not bad cars.
600lb is a humongous amount of weight in the sports car world. Why would it make any difference? On a race track it will take its toll on brakes and tires very quickly among other things. I'm not saying there aren't 4000lb pound cars that shred on the race track like the GTR but Charger or Challenger aren't even in same ballpark completely different targets for manufacturers.

Acceleration is good on v8 Charger and Challenger. No doubt about it.

And you bring up a good point about the price difference. If you were to do a
Item by item comparison between the two cars for instance:

Engine vs engine
Transmission vs transmission
Chassis vs Chassis
Suspension comps vs suspension comps
Exterior materials vs Exterior materials
Interior material vs Interior materials

You would quickly find the difference even on paper. Then when you drive it all makes sense. IMO the M3 is a bargain For what the finished product is.

I'm not saying the Charger or Challenger are bad cars but it's not a good comparison to M3. The M3 is considered one of the Best cars of its era for a reason. And some say best all around car ever made.