View Single Post
      12-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #106
bvanderbilt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltgus View Post
What's the dealer supposed to do ? If BMW NA denied the claim they could beg them to change their mind but it wouldn't do any good.
There are numerous cases on the forums of reversed BMW NA decisions.

A good dealer would stand by their customer and at least attempt to assist them with the process if that's what is required. You would think a dealer contacting BMW NA to argue on behalf of a customer would have a lot more weight than the customer on his own.

The dealer profit on the car I was attempting to buy (2013 M3) is likely greater than the quoted repair cost. Independent quotes for the same work were half the dealer quote; though I was told that the quote was "total BS" and that the only thing needed to be done was a new bolt.

Some of you (that think I am lying) seem to not understand that I am attached to the car and have treated it with care; I was looking forward to putting a very nice and desirable M3 on the market before my next ED. I take really good care of my things; this maximizes resale but I am also that type of person. I want to be sure the repair is 100% -- this car is not of much interest to non-enthusiasts; the car needs to be perfect to go to its next enthusiast owner -- there is no way in hell I am going to accept having to sell a car with an accident record on the CarFax (resale -10K) when the cause of that record is 1/4" abrasion on a differential fin. Come on!

There are a lot of things the dealer could do... besides what they have done.

Last edited by bvanderbilt; 12-07-2012 at 09:27 PM..
Appreciate 0