View Single Post
      12-23-2009, 02:43 AM   #1
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Review: Back Up Camera & Multimedia Interface Kit - modmynav.com/MentholGuy

Hi Folks,

Wanted to give you a quick review of the Back Up Camera & Multimedia Interface Kit I had installed today on my 2009 e90 M3. I bought the kit from m3post member, MentholGuy (Chris) from his site modmynav.com (http://modmynav.com/index.html). The kit itself is excellent quality and totally plug-play. The camera is integrated into the button that opens your trunk and still retains all the function of the OEM button while also providing a stealth area for the camera. It does not take the place of one of your license plate lights like some of the other kits out there. The multimedia kit allows you to display the image from the back-up camera when you are in reverse as well as when you are driving. It also allows you to play video from your iPod/iPhone and a portable DVD player.

Chris came over to my place and did the install at no extra charge. We ran into a few hiccups as this was the first non DCT/non PDC car he had done. But with a little research Chris was able get everything working perfectly and still retain the plug-play aspect. Chris was a pleasure to work with and went above and beyond in customer service. He also did a very clean and tidy install. No cutting, gluing, etc needed. I am very happy with the install.

The system works perfectly...not really much else I can say....camera works great and it also plays video flawlessly. Really feel BMW should have offered us U.S. customers this function and now that I have this kit I feel the car is complete from a technology perspective. You can toggle between video source while driving by pressing the Info button on iDrive or (to my pleasant surprise) by pushing the down arrow on the rt hand steering wheel controls.....cool!

Here are some pics....if you are considering this mod...I say def go with Chris...top notch! He can do the install if you are local or provide you with great DIY instructions. Thanks Chris!!

Pic 1: Rear View - can you see the cam??
Pic 2: Cam Close Up
Pic 3: Screen with car in reverse
Pic 4: Screen while driving
Pic 5: iPhone video
Pic 6: Video via DVD player (my daughter's favorite show)

Last edited by KANdaddy; 10-13-2013 at 08:45 PM..
Appreciate 0