09-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #18
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I just realized that the part number for the slide fire stock that fits the S&W M&P 15-22 is interchangeable with any AR that uses a buffer tube.
Thought you read their FAQ a long time ago *lol*

http://www.slidefire.com/faqs#ssar
Quote:
1. What type of AR-15 will the SSAR-15® work with?

The SSAR-15® is compatible with all standard AR-15 lower platforms equipped with an adjustable style buffer assembly. As long as your AR already has a collapsible stock, you should not have any issues with installation. Since it was not possible for us to test the SSAR-15® on every AR on the market, Slide Fire® recommends firearms built using mil-spec parts to avoid any compatibility issues.

2. What do I need to use your stock on my fixed or folding stock AR-15?

Since SSAR-15® is designed to work on any AR-15 lower platform with an adjustable-style buffer assembly, any AR with a fixed or folding stock will need to be converted to allow installation of our stock. Slide Fire® offers a Conversion Kit sold separately which includes all other parts and installation tools needed to ready your firearm to work with the SSAR-15® or any other adjustable stock.

3. What type of adjustable style buffer tube is needed to use the SSAR-15®?

Most commercial style buffer tubes will work, but after extensive testing, Slide Fire® recommends using a Mil-Spec Buffer Tube for the best possible fit. While it is rare, some commercial style buffer tubes have a larger diameter which could cause friction issues with the sliding motion of the stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorocious View Post
Used em before.
Once you get used to pulling the gun away from you it works well.
Ammo is too expensive to play with it much.
Hmmmmm....depends on what you classify as "expensive"....

http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail....ber=FC-XM855CS

1000 rounds for green tip 5.56 for $400? That's a pretty good price to me....
Appreciate 0