England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar View Post
I've got both systems and both games - In my opinion - Forza2 is the better of the 2 as a car sim although GT5 looks better. This wasn't supposed to be GT vs Forza though - guess it was kind of bound to happen though - being a car forum and all.

I use professional physics and no aids on GT5 - it's still arcadey - I can run into another car with a closing speed of 60mph and nothing happens. My car doesn't get deflected - the "hit" cars don't either. It's just not "real" IMO. Yes I know we are discussing a game

GT5 is easy to play - you can just drive along the barriers (as if they are coated with silicone) at full tilt until the later races when penalties are introduced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post

Generally, the people who call GT unrealistic are the people that sit there driving an automatic with traction and stability left at a novice level wondering why the game is so easy.
Play both - Forza is the more realistic driving simulator. I've backed up my thoughts but funnily enough, I've not been quoted on them - I wonder why?

I'm no fanboy - I have both systems - I also have 2 PS2's, dreamcast, had a Wii - got rid of it.

At the end of the day - the conclusion is this is all personal preference. Arguing on the internet etc etc etc.