View Single Post
      01-16-2024, 12:36 AM   #3
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYE46M3 View Post
whats the CCA and hagerty discount? PS4 to Indy 500 price difference is like 400-500 so thats impressive. I wanted to get PS4S from costco but the two stores I went to seemed like they just didn't want to bother with my brand new set of ZCP wheels. Basically told me to go to discount tire if I want to walk away with no scratches on my wheels... and so I did ! If you care about your wheels then you better bring this up to them.
The CCA rebate was $200 on a purchase over $800 or $900. That ended on 12/31/23. The Hagerty discount was $100 for Drivers Club members, and I believe that is ongoing. Both together plus the Costco price made it too good to pass up. I was very happy with the Indy 500 tires on my wife's M but ... PS4S.

I know what you're talking about with the wheels. Years ago a BMW dealer wrecked the Double Spoke II wheels on my E36 M3, and a friend who worked at Sam's Club told me what happened. He said that particular dealer didn't mount their own tires, they pulled the wheels and sent them out. The contract shop didn't use the right adapter on their tire machine and it gouged up the bead on all four wheels. The machines use either a steel tool or a steel tool with a teflon or nylon cover to break the bead on tires and seat the new bead. The bare tool is used for steel wheels like you'd find on a truck. The covered adaptor is used for mag and aluminum wheels.

So I'm going to be sure the shop owner understands what tool to use, and I'm either going to get his assurance the wheels won't be maimed, or I'll get the R&R portion of the money I paid back in my pocket and I'll go to a tire shop that knows how to handle this stuff. Sadly, neither of the two dealers who take care of my cars now allow customers to have tires shipped in from TireRack, or I would have done that.

What about the jack point pucks. Should I bring those? Or do these guys have something that will work?
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0