View Single Post
      01-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Quite right, it's probably the Cayman's closest rival, or should I say 'in-house' rival now Porsche is another brand under the VAG embrella.

Given that it's still using a Haldex awd system, admitted a tweaked version and have a weight balance which is very much nose lead it will not provide the same fine balance of a Cayman when pushed, but I bet (no I know) that in the hands of 95% of people it will be quicker on track or street. It's remarkably sure footed, especially when combined with the optional magneticride suspension and can be driven by the throttle, not something commonly said about an Audi.

To the member who thought he saw one, that's very interesting, it would be great if they brought it to the US because I'm convinced it would find a healthy customer base that would dig the character of the car. I know if I were in the Market for another coupe and didn't really need the rear seats then I would find it hard to pick between this, a Cayman S and an M3 coupe.
I don't think it is a competitor to the m3 coupe by any way shape or form though. very different in dimension here. one is a compact car with pretty much no room in the rear seat vs a mid size saloon for 4 fat american adults. huge different here IMO.

now if bmw put the m3 v8 in the new z4 vert or new z4m coupe. then that is gonna be some serious competition here
Appreciate 0