12-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #411
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek@MRF View Post
Time to start throwing some new pictures and updates up of some of the forum members M3's. I do wish every car could be photographed that comes in...

Up first, forum member Hujan. His car previously was equipped with the Dinan suspension package, on ZCP wheels, with many tasteful cosmetic modifications from iND Distribution and OSS Designs. Little details that it takes seeing the car in person to truly appreciate, such as the TiAg painted chrome accents on the car, inside and out.

Hujan's first round of modifications revolved around keeping the car 100% docile for the street, while being able to go to a BMWCCA HPDE a few times per year. A round of modifications that seemingly every E9x M3 could benefit from to keep the experience safe, more consistent and lastly, more cost effective in the long run. His first subset of modifications revolved around improving the braking of the vehicle with Stop-Tech SS brake lines, upgraded pads and fluid as well as a more aggressive, track friendly alignment.

Once he realized he wanted more from his M3, and taking a ride in Slicer's E92 M3, the objective was clear. Much more can be achieved without making the car unsettling for his daily commute. The chassis improvements had to be tactful yet provide thoroughbred performance when running this M3 at HPDE and open track days.

Vehicle:

• 2013 E92 BMW M3
  • Space Grey Metallic
  • M-DCT

Modifications Performed:

• Ohlins ROAD & TRACK Coilover Suspension
  • Vorshlag Camber + Caster Plates
  • Akrapovic Evolution Titanium full exhaust system
  • RDSport Front + Rear Anti Roll Bars
  • MRF Engineering Motorsport sub-frame bushings
  • Turner Motorsport Delrin differential mounts
  • Brembo 380mm Front Big Brake Kit (Custom finished in gloss black with dark contrast lettering from iND Distribution)
  • Brembo 380mm Rear Big Brake Kit
  • BPM Engine Software
  • MRF Engineering Suspension Balancing
  • MRF Engineering Performance Alignment
  • APEX EC-7 18x9.5 & 18x10.5 Wheels (not pictured here)
  • BFGoodrich G-Force RIVAL tires, 275/35 & 295/35

Attached are some pictures of the the build out. More pictures are to follow when the opportunity presents itself for a proper photoshoot of this car with the wheels mounted. Until then... Enjoy!

Great write-up, Malek! You totally transformed the car. It feels far more planted and solid than it did stock. The bushings and suspension really improved the handling of the car.

For those that haven't gone to MRF, Malek's work is not only top notch, but his shop is immaculate. I do judge people and shops by appearances and MRF is impeccable. I think it speaks volumes about his attention to detail. I have complete confidence in his work. He's also very accommodating and scheduled the build while I was going to be in NYC for work. He even took me to the airport in OC and picked me up when I flew back. These and many more are the reasons I'm more than willing to drive to MRF from San Diego. Keep up the great work, Malek!
Appreciate 1