02-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #55
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92involved View Post
Lets not forget, MBZ doesn't bring the same driving experience. BMW is a master. Before everyone gets excited just wait to see the cars that come out, everyone will be shutting up.
I bet that is a very educated and experienced opinion you have there and not at all based on just what you might have read in marketing material

What you said is rhetoric and not representative of MB's lineup of cars today. Does the M3 have a special feel? Absolutely. Better than a C63? Maybe (I might agree the M3 has a better driving feel myself but not a better overall experience when you factor sound and torque). But stating that MB doesn't bring a similar driving experience is false and full of marketing BS.

Tell me how a car with 50o+ hp, gobs of torque, amazing sound and very capable handling doesn't deliver a great driving experience ?

I'm not at all saying it is a superior car to the M3 but you are just wrong relative to your perception of the MB "driving experience." Secondly, many people would argue that BMW is falling down with the next gen 3 series relative to driving experience and that it is too soft. BMW only owns the "best driving experience" these day in its own marketing material.

Don't get me wrong, the E92 M3 is a special car with a special driving experience and I have said before I often miss its unique feel but MB is no slouch either.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3

Last edited by gthal; 02-02-2013 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 0