View Single Post
      07-27-2011, 07:53 AM   #9
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xccess
someone told me it is possible to get stock 4.0 motor to Gintani for stroker motor 4.6 with supercharger on M3. is this even possible ?
I dont know what Gintani stroke there motors to but there are a couple of cars on here that got a rebuilt motor stg3 by Gintani and may be they can say a couple of things here.with that being said,The only company that's been able to make it work so far is ESS. ESS took PencilGeek's RD Sport RS46 stroker, and supercharged it. Then PG took it to the Mojave Mile and Texas Mile and hit 186 MPH with a 6MT and factory street tires.

The best advice I can give you is to do your homework. Ask to see proof and don't take anybody's word for it. If they can't show you independent dyno charts, vBox results, 1/4 mile results, etc., then all the talk is nothing but hot air. One company has already spent 1.5 years trying developing a 4.2L stage-3 supercharged motor, and has yet to show any performance results such as dynos, vBox, 1/4 mile, or mile. ESS is doing a stage-3 motor on DLSJ5's car right now. It should be done in a few weeks. Do your homework and you'll come up with the right answers.
Appreciate 0