View Single Post
      03-24-2006, 05:25 PM   #20
0003SAS
Rep
Drives: Electric Red 320d Touring

Garage List
paadywac, I would guess that you may not have been the target of the laser operator. Making you very lucky indeed.

From all the evidence I've read and following discussions with the P.C who got me last year for doing 71 in a 60 zone it is clear from the evidence that the moment the laser hits on your vehicle and the operator presses the trigger, you have only 0.3 sec to slow down before the laser records your speed.
Also don't forget that the laser is normally aimed at a flat surface on the front of your car i.e the number plate. As the laser beam is still small in cross section, even at long range and has very little scatter then most dectectors sited on dashboards will never pick up any trace until it is to late!

This lead me to believe that the chance of any detector being reliable enough to pick up the dreaded laser was so small that it was preferable to have a unit that at least warned me of areas that lasers were known to be in operation. Leaving me to choose wether or not to slow down.

Hence my choice of the TT Go.

Drive with care. 0003SAS